Karya I Made Andi Arsana, ST., ME Batas Maritim Antarnegara - Sebuah Tinjauan Teknis dan Yuridis (Gadjah Mada University Press, 2007) more...

Monday, December 20, 2004

Letter to AusAID for Software Training

20 December 2004

Jo Ronalds
UNSW AusAID Liaison Officer


Dear Jo,
I am writing with regards to my plan to attend a software training conducted by my school, the School of Surveying and Spatial Information Systems, UNSW on February 21 – 25, 2005. The training is about the application of CARIS LOTS™ (see http://www.caris.com/products/product.cfm?productID=15) in maritime boundary delimitation. My school will invite a professional trainer from CARIS (http://www.caris.com), Canada to provide a tailored training, which will be open for public.

As you might know, my research is about the delimitation of maritime boundary between Indonesia and Timor Leste which will use the above mentioned software to generate the boundary lines. As the software is a new kind of software to me, it is clear that the training will be essential to accomplish my research. In addition, the training will be the first CARIS LOTS™ training conducted in Australia. For sure, it is going to be a good opportunity for me.

As part of the scholarship agreement, I kindly request AusAID to support me to attend the training by providing funds for the registration. Enclosed is an email from the trainer containing training details. A recommendation letter from my supervisor, Dr C. H. Schofield will be sent to you separately by email.

Thank you very much for your attention and cooperation. I am looking forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Yours sincerely,



I Made Andi Arsana
Student ID: 3082390

No comments: